ALFREDO PINA CALAFI
- ESTADÍSTICA, INFORMÁTICA Y MATEMÁTICAS
- Lenguajes y Sistemas Informáticos
EDIFICIO LAS ENCINAS
Teléfono: (+34) 948 16 9538
- Bsc in Computer Science at Bordeaux University (France, 1986)
- MsC in Knowledge Based Systems at Heriot-Watt University (Scotland, UK, 1989)
- PhD in Computer Science at Zaragoza University (Spain, 2001).
Full time Tenured Associate Professor at Public University of Navarra (UPNA, http://www.unavarra.es/) (several positions since 1991)
Part time Assistant Professor at Spanish National Open University in Pamplona (UNED, http://www.uned.es/ca-pamplona/) (since 2000)
Academic management experience.
Area director for European Convergence & institutional relations at UPNA (Sept. 2004- Sept 2007)
Graphics & multimedia, Artificial life, Technology & Education, Educational Robotics
Some projects in which I was working on.
- TERECOP (http://www.terecop.eu/). The goal of this project is to develop a framework for educational courses that enables teachers to implement robotics-enhanced constructivist learning in schools classrooms, and to report their experiences.
- TEL2L Project (Teacher Education for Learning through 2 Languages), Socrates Programme, Lingua Action A, project nº 39932 (http://www.unavarra.es/tel2l/). The Tel2l project seeks to promote Mainstream Bilingual Education (MBE) in four European countries.
- INEVAI3D project, Integration of virtual Scenarios with Intelligent 3D agents, funded by the Spanish ministry of Science and Education, TIN2004-07926 (http://www.inevai3d.com), . This project explores the design, implementation, and utilization of virtual shared worlds, dealing with digital contents spread over the net.
- The 2 Alfa projects TGAME (Teaching computer graphics and multimedia) AML/B7-311-97/0666/II-0024-A (http://t-game.ub.edu.ar/) and TGAMEL3 (Teaching computer graphics and multimedia long life learning) (http://t-gamel3.ub.edu.ar/) about creating digital contents in training contexts.
- The Alfa III project GAVIOTA (http://alfagaviota.eu/) DCI-ALA/19.09.01/10/21526/245-654/ALFA 111(2010)149 where the aim is to use Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality and Advanced interacction in different contexts realted with Architecture, Computer Science and Education.
Some conferences & publications.
ICEL, ECEL, International conferences on Elearning
EUROLOGO, SIMPAR , Constructionism, RIE
ONLINE EDUCA BERLIN, CSEDU, EDUROBOTICS
Kybernetes: The international journal of systems, cybernetics and management science (2007)
Lecture Notes in Computer Science (2006): Virtual Reality and Domotics
ACM SIGACCESS January 2013
Interacting with computers (2013)
Awards & Fellowships.
Spanish national third award in Research & Educational innovation 2005
“Jose Castillejo” fellowship for a postdoctoral stay in university of Padova, Italy (Oct. 2007- Feb. 2008)
Beca Museo Oteiza, “Oteiza para todos” (2012)
Premio proyecto Caixa “Drones Didacticos” (2016-17, 1091-20)
Languages: Spanish (mother tongue), English and French.