Quality and Organisation
-The Public University of Navarre’s commitment to the achievement and constant improvement of its levels of quality led to the creation of the Quality Assessment Committee in 1996. The original Committee went on to become what is now the Organisation and Quality Unit, which works in quality-related processes in an advisory and supporting capacity.
The bodies currently in charge of quality at the Public University of Navarre are:
The School /Faculty Quality Assurance Committees (CGCC)
These committees are in charge of designing, developing, reviewing and improving the instruments which guarantee the quality of the School/Faculty’s teaching and learning processes, and the continuous improvement of the results obtained. Their work follows the guidelines agreed on with the University Quality Committee.
- Dean or Head of the School/Faculty, chairing the Committee.
- The School/Faculty Quality Coordinator (CCC), acting as Secretary.
- The Quality Officers for each of the Qualification Courses which the School/Faculty runs (RCT).
- Two Representatives of those students taking the Qualification Courses which the School/Faculty runs, proposed by the Student Council.
- A Representative of the Administration and Service Staff (PAS), appointed by the Dean or Head.
- A Representative of the Organisation and Quality Unit (UOyC).
- An external agent (professional association, business organisation, any public or private body…), proposed by the Social Council.
- Other guests, depending on the matters to be addressed.
The University Quality Committee
This is the ordinary body which advises on, proposes and monitors the University’s quality-related initiatives.
In the educational sphere, it coordinates the activities of all the School/Faculty Quality Assurance Committees, particularly those which aim to ensure the periodic accreditation of the qualifications offered, and other quality-related activities assigned to other committees and bodies.
The composition of the Quality Committee is determined by the Board of Governors and includes, at least:
- The Rector or the Vice-rector delegated by the Rector, chairing the Committee.
- The Vice-rector competent in Quality matters or the person delegated by the Vice-rector.
- The Vice-rector competent in Educational matters or the person delegated by the Vice-rector.
- The Vice-rector competent in Research matters or the person delegated by the Vice-rector.
- The Chair of the Social Council or the person delegated by the Chair.
- The Manager of the Administration and Service Staff or the person delegated by the Manager.
- The Deans or Heads of the Schools/Faculties as Chairs of the School/Faculty Quality Assurance Committees.
- The Head of the Doctoral School of Navarre.
- The person in charge of the administrative unit which works in an advisory and supporting capacity in quality-related processes at the University.
- A student chosen by the Student Council from among its members